November 28, 2009

English For International use

Here is a useful TED India video. It is about English language and its different uses in the international sphere. As the world is but a comity of nations dependent on each other for various needs and requirements like financial, political, economic, social, bilateral or multi-lateral nature the language of English is but a useful bridge to help foster international friendship, mutual understanding or multi-lateral talks. The speaker is Jay Walker and the video is a part of the series of talks by TEDtalks. Well, no more. Here i go.
Thanks


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sudam,
    This is very compact presentation for a good cause. I'm uncomfortable with his term "English Mania", though. It's clear that English is the main language of opportunity and that learning the language is a huge investment for pupils that requires lots of motivation and very hard work. I'm glad whenever pupils find that motivation in an inspired teacher, in a postive community and in cultural elements that draw them in intrinsically. I wouldn't call enthusiasm a "mania".
    Bets,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems to have used Mania in a positive sense as he has quoted Beatles mania and others. Anyway, he has analyzed the need of English in a lucid way.

    When i learned English there was no such mania nor any motivation as my parents not aware of any uses of English. I was quite comfortable with English right from the beginning. I would skip mathematics and was a dull as far as mathematics is concerned.

    As time passed i learned the benefit of English language. This language has widened my knowledge and led me to the land of opportunities.

    I am very happy that at least i interact with people around the world through chatting, mailing and reading them. And i appreciate this bonding quality of English.

    I know many languages and among all i love English.

    Thanks for sharing the TED events with me and showing me the light to a vast array of original ideas.

    And thank for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! it helpful for learning English and you are doing very well job.

    turkish translation services

    ReplyDelete

Rest assured your comments will go a long way in improving this blog. Your consistent visit and patronization is highly solicited. Thanks