May 11, 2009

Mother: Two Sonnets For her


My lovable mother 1



Cried I for the first, got she inexpressible bliss.
My filths became for her, aromatic sandal,
Rheum ran from my nostrils, she happily cleansed,
Massaged and prayed the deity for my brawn.



Babbled she with me, taught to talk and totter.
Beat I her, kissed and hugged me in love,
Felt I ill, became she unnecessarily anxious.
For my coming around, prayed she to the Mother.



Bathed and combed she, added collerium to my eyes.
Gave me food and sent me to school with satchel.
Returned I, shirt in hand, quenched she my thirst.
After sleep, would cover me in her fathomless skirt.



Complained some about me, beat she black and white,
My lovely mother is she; shall I forget till I’ve life?



My Lovable mother-2



Sleep I not and cry, sings she lullaby showing my uncle.
My mischief increases, shows she something to fear,
Feel I hungry and cry, feeds she on her lap,
Let I not cook her, gives she me a doll as pet.



In the scorching sun, force keeps she me inside,
Insist I cocking head, the child thief comes to my sight.
Play I in mud and dance in cloud’s tear,
Beats she in love, to save me getting fever.



Cry I for money to eat ice candy,
Ditheringly pays she, dance I in gaiety.
Always she awakes me in the morn, from lovely sleep,
Forces me to brush, les teeth smell filth.
Desist she from playing in dust,
My lovely mother she is, my godly mother. 

N: B: These two sonnets were written way back in 1997 when I was still an unemployed person living with my mother.  Good wishes to all mothers of the world who helps a child learn everything and see the world in his or her eyes.  Her role in nation building is undeniable and all nations should pay floral tribute to the mothers.  And also do such necessary things so as to all allow them nurture the future of the nation both inside her embryo and on her lap.  Salute to the mothers.  

Thank you. 

3 comments:

  1. माँ के प्रति अपनी भावनाओं की बहुत ही सुन्दर अभिव्यक्ति की है आपने | बधाई |
    कहा भी गया है कि पुत्र कुपुत्र हुए हैं लेकिन माता हुई न कुमाता |
    हमारा जीवन माँ से ही शुरू होता है | माँ के साथ हमारे जीवन-तंतु जुड़े होते हैं | गर्भस्थ शिशु माँ के द्बारा ही भोजन करता है, सांस लेता है, महसूस करता है और दुनिया को माँ की आँखों से ही देखता है | "माँ" शब्द से प्यारा शब्द से प्यारा कोई भी शब्द दुनिया में नहीं है |

    ReplyDelete
  2. बहुत सुन्दर रचनाएं.इनका हिन्दी अनुवाद भी प्रकाशित करें न.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how you have such warmth and love for your kids; your mum has devoted the priceless gift of language to express yourself so beautifully. 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Rest assured your comments will go a long way in improving this blog. Your consistent visit and patronization is highly solicited. Thanks